This is another fun gradient design I whipped up last week! It works just like the Multicoloured Leopard Print Nail Art I showed you, except you’re going vertically across your nail instead of diagonally.
For this look I used:
Once your nails are perfectly dry, you’re going to use the Konad m67 plate (if you haven’t noticed this is one of my favourites!), and your black stamping polish to stamp on the tiger print. Finish it off with your favourite top coat (or even a gold glitter top coat) and you’re done!
This weekend I decided to give hand painting my nails a try! To achieve this look you’re going to:
- Polka Dots:
- Paint your nails using China Glaze Spontaneous (or any other purple polish)
- Once completely dry, use your white stamping polish and Konad plate m79 to stamp on the polka dots
- Paint your nail with Essie Turquoise & Caicos (this is my favourite mint-y polish!)
- Paint the tip of your nail in the purple you used for your polka dot nails (don’t be too concerned about making a straight line across your nail, we’re going to cover that up with the white cupcake top anyway)
- Paint stripes along the purple tip with Essie Mob Square, and a super skinny paintbrush (I recommend a brush set from Bundle Monster)
- Draw in your cupcake shape using a paint pen (I love the Sally Hansen nail art pens because they have a thin tip – but feel free to try a Sharpie paint marker, or even use a paint brush). I did the outline first, and then filled it in.
- Add in your colourful dots using a dotting tool or a toothpick
- Once everything is complete, finish it off with your favourite top coat and you’re done!
My best advice for the cupcakes is to make sure everything is COMPLETELY dry before moving on to the next step, especially when working with the paint pens. When doing your non-dominant hand, go slowly and just remember that it’s not going to be perfect.
Quick and easy nail design for today! For this look you’re going to:
- Paint your nails with Zoya’s – Mira polish (or your favourite shade of purple. I also love China Glaze Spontaneous)
- After it is completely dry use Konad plate m65 and apply the floral design with your white stamping polish (or try Pastel Violet)
- Finish it off with your favourite top coat (I can’t even begin to describe how much I love the Seche Vite top coat)
I spent a lot of time (and money!) trying out different skin products throughout the years, and I wanted to share what works best for me.
I used to always use whatever random product looked cool at the drug store, but now I’ve moved on to exclusively using Kiehl’s products. There’s a few reasons for this…
- Obviously, because they work for me and I’ve seen amazing results
- I never feel pressured to purchase something when I walk into the store
- The staff are SO helpful in finding a product that is right for you, and sharing the success they’ve had with the product
- You get free samples with EVERY purchase
Here are the products I use every morning:
First, I wash my face with the Ultra Facial Cleanser
Then I use the Blue Herbal Lotion on areas of my face where I usually break out
Next I apply the Acne Blemish Control Treatment in the spots I normally break out
I finish it off with the Ultra Facial Cream on my entire face
That’s it! 4 easy to use products! Once the Ultra Facial Cream dries, I put my makeup on right over top. My skin care routine changes at night, and when I’m having breakouts and I’ll share those with you soon!
Today was a VERY happy nail mail day for me! Here’s what was waiting for me at the post office:
Coraline Nail Art Kit
This kit comes with 4 Coraline themed image plates, 3 stamping polishes, a stamper and a scraper. I’m VERY excited about this because I LOVE the movie Coraline.
Konad Image Plate m84 & Konad Image Plate m85
Konad 2in1 Stamper/Scraper
I’m very excited to try this out! I find using the Stamper and Scraper separately a bit annoying because my stamper always rolls off my table.
Nail Stamping Machine
I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am about this! This machine was only $21.00, and it came with 7 polishes, 6 stamps and the machine. I’ll definitely make a video soon to show you how it works.
12 more image plates for the nail stamping machine
I bought these mostly the clean up my messy nail painting. I find Q-Tips a bit annoying because they’re not sturdy so I don’t have a lot of control – especially with my left hand.
I ordered 20 sets of these! This will allow me to show off more nail designs without actually having to paint my nails everyday. As much as I enjoy painting my nails, I’d get absolutely nothing else done if I had to do it everyday.
That was my haul from both WowSoCool and Maytheps. They both had excellent service and shipping times. Their policies state that shipping can take 4 or more weeks, but I received my orders within a week after they shipped (which was within 1 business day of my actual order). Maytheps prices are REALLY low so they do not offer discount codes, but they do offer a rebate program. WowSoCool will give you a 20% discount code to use, all you have to do is email them! I got mine within a few minutes so don’t let the fact that you need to email them stop you from asking for a code!