Here is a super simple way to glam up your nails for Valentine’s Day!
You’re going to be painting one nail at a time with both polishes, so make sure you have them both open and ready to go! You’ll need to work relatively fast to achieve this design.
In the look above I used China Glaze Ahoy! as my base colour, and Essie A Cut Above for the glitter.
- You’re going to paint HALF of your nail in your base colour, and make sure you’re using a thick coat.
- As soon as you’ve painted the first half, you’re going to take your glitter and paint the other half of your nail.
- Since your base colour is still going to be wet, it will drag up your nail and create a gradient effect!
- Once dry, paint the tips of your nails with another coat of your glitter polish.
- One of my nails is a full coat of glitter just to mix it up a litte
- Finish it off with your favourite top coat, and that’s it!
Today I’m sharing a Valentine’s Day manicure with a few different designs. I chose to wear them altogether, but you can mix and match as you like!
To achieve this look:
- Paint one nail with China Glaze White on White
- Paint the rest of your nails with China Glaze Dance Baby
- For the white nail, I used Konad plate m59, and placed the stamp on the side of my nail. I added in a couple extra hearts from plate m42 to fill up the design.
- For the sparkly nail, I added Set in Stones from Essie’s new Lux Effects collection
- For all of the other nails, I used the heart tip design on plate m56, and used a sliver striper to create the line underneath. Then I added in a couple more hearts from plate m42. If I were to do this design again, I would likely leave out the hearts.
As always, finish it off with your favourite top coat and you’re done!
This weekend I made it my mission to purchase some (or all) of the China Glaze Electropop Collection. I’m not sure if I’m just very uninformed about where to purchase nail polish in Canada, or if we’re just very unlucky, but I had to go to TWO Sally Beauty Supply locations to get my polishes. Each location had a tiny little display…
AND they only had one in stock of each colour (provided they hadn’t already sold out). After visiting two locations I managed to snag 9 bottles from the collection, and it was totally worth it (especially since I had my 15% off coupon for this month!)
I’m only missing Kinetic Candy, Make Some Noise and Fushia Fanatic, but I’ll likely suck it up and purchase them online.
So far I’ve used Aquadelic, Dance Baby and Techno as a top coat. LOVE THEM. I have a weakness for pastel polishes. I almost didn’t purchase Aquadelic because it seemed a little too similar to For Audrey, but it’s got a little more blue in it and is definitely for saturated. I usually prefer the deeper or super bright pinks, but Dance Baby has become my new favourite pink polish.
I tried to get in the Valentine’s day spirit with this manicure, so I used the cute little full nail heart design on Konad plate M79. I used Techno on top of Dance Baby, and I love the glitter. It’s got small flecks as well as the bigger hexagonal pieces.
I’m a little behind on all the posts I wanted to put up this week, so here’s a quick peek into my week so far…
Tried out a blue fade, and a Konad shatter pattern. As much as I love blue polish, I hate how hard it is to get off. I swear my nails stay blue for days.
I spent my Saturday night putting together a catalogue of all my nail polishes (of course with a corresponding excel spreadsheet). It makes it so much easier to match colours, and plan out my designs.
Got lots of fun products from Kiehl’s! Very excited to give them all a try and do some reviews. So far everything I love everything (and I especially love all my free samples!)
Tried out a new Konad flower and vine design. I also broke a nail, and used the tea bag into silk wrap method. I’ll share more on that soon!