If you’re an avid reader of my blog, you probably noticed that I prefer bright nail colours, and sparkle.
I was wandering around the mall last weekend and spotted the OPI New York City Ballet collection in a mini set, and decided that the price was worth giving these a try.
I’m really not a fan – but only because I’ll just never love sheer polishes. Above, I’ve got Care to Danse on all of my fingers, except my ring finger which has Don’t Touch My Tutu. If you can’t really tell the difference, don’t worry. It looks like that in real life too. The colour change is very subtle between the two.
My favourite part of this whole collection is the sheer glitter called Pirouette My Whistle. It’s a silver sheer glitter, with some hexagonal pieces. I’m definitely going to be purchasing a full size of this. It’s literally the perfect glitter. The hexagonal pieces are sheer and don’t take over your whole nail (which is what I dislike about China Glaze Techno).
The set also came with My Pointe Exactly, but I haven’t been able to try that yet!
I’ve decided that every single polish should come in mini form. It would make my life so much easier!
It’s St. Patrick’s Day today, so here’s a fun nail design you can throw on just in time for your party!
How to get this nail polish look:
- Paint your nails a bright green – I used Joe Fresh Lime Juice (unfortunately I don’t think you can buy this online!) and OPI Did It On ‘Em (from the Nicki Minaj collection) on my accent nail
- Once completely dry you’re going to stamp the diagonal design from Konad plate s6 on your accent nail. I used the Konad special polish in Green for my stamping polish.
- On all of my other nails I used the little shamrock looking design from plate m81, and stamped it on my nails using the green and white stamping polish. Just place them on randomly and fill up your nail!
- Once my little shamrocks were on, I put on a gold glitter top coat (not on the accent nail). The gold glitter made the white polish turn a cream colour which worked out perfectly.
- Once your glitter top coat is on, you can finish the design off with your favourite top coat!
Earlier this week, I attended the Joe Fresh runway show during Toronto Fashion Week. It was pretty inspiring, so I decided to give Joe Fresh nail products a try! I picked up 3 nail polish colours, one of them is the green I used as a base in this manicure (on my 4 fingers). I can’t decide if I love or hate this polish…It’s incredibly sheer, I actually used 3 coats and while it looks pretty opaque in the pictures I can still see through it on my nails in real life. On the plus side, it dries rather quickly which makes putting on those 3 coats less daunting. The other amazing thing about Joe Fresh nail polish is that it is incredibly affordable. One bottle is only $4, or you can buy three bottles for $10!
The other 2 colours I picked up are a bright pink and a bright blue – I’m guessing those will be quite transparent as well, but for now I’m willing to give them another chance.